Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Give me a Deadline

Ok gimmee a deadline and I'll blow it by at least a day. This is why I found my self trudging thru a flooded parking lot, clutching my package, no umbrella in driving rain on Monday. I deserved it. I was late with my swap partners Halloween package. Hopefully she'll get it by tomorrow. Mine came yesterday. I can't bring myself to open it. THE GUILT! But this is what I put together. I really hope she likes it.

This was hard to let go. A black feather pen and perfectly aged papers and envelopes. Perfect for writing those Halloween greetings. I got this at my favorite place in Smithfield Va.- Wharf Hill Antiques. I could seriously live in that store~ but I digress.



Next up was a window hanging I made. I used orange pearls from a necklace I played with as a child, vintage rondelles, felted(yes felted) black and white balls and a great big chandelier crystal I got on my last trip to Silver Bella at 2nd Time Around.

Sure to please any glitzy divas!



A little of this and that for her own crafty holiday projects.




Next up was some candy. Heather told us to go easy on the candy (boo) so we could watch our girlish figures. This was one of those things you wouldn't buy for yourself. It was just cute and kitschy. And it's Marshmallow so no calories!(that's my story and I'm sticking to it)

Viola finished package! I can't wait to meet Julie of http://juliejayne.blogspot.com/ in person at Silver Bella!

2 comments:

  1. Kathi, I got it today and it is AMAzing! I love love love it all! The feather is the best, and the papers, and the doilies, and the postcard, and Everything!! I can just see you trudging thru the rain, I'm laughing and crying at the same time! Your notes were so cute, I can't wait to give you a big hug too!
    Thank you SO much, this was my first swap and now I'm hooked! I'll put pix up on my blog asap. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy you girls got your boxes!! Sounds like you are dealing with the same rain we are...I need a boat for my backyard...literally! I love the goodies that you put in their for her...so special!

    ReplyDelete