Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Where has the Summer Gone?


Have you felt it yet? That slight shift. The heat that isn't quite so intense. Kinda like summer's heart just isn't in it anymore? Fall is coming. Just before the kids went back to school we took them to Busch Gardens.

It couldn't have been a more perfect day. We chose a Tuesday with the hopes that every other vacationer wasn't thinking the same thing. Busch Gardens isn't far from us. Just a short ride across the bridge to the Peninsula. We were so lucky. Beautiful 80 degree day. Low humidity. No crowds. We literally walked on every ride. Even the roller coasters that people typically wait 2 hours to go on. Kinda like Griffin...

Yep I rode it. Three times.

That's a heck of a drop. I'm juss sayin. Of course after all that fun you just gotta have a little treat. Busch Gardens does divine candies like no other.How many kinds of fudge does one need?






Monster cupcakes and cookies anyone?



Divine. But I chose these



Chocolate dipped strawberries. Hello!

But the real stars of the day were the butterflys who were enjoying the beautiful flowers that Busch Gardens grows.


I've never seen so many in one place. All different varieties. I can't blame them. If I was a butterfly I would hang out at Busch Gardens also!

3 comments:

  1. Kathi, thanks for your msg on the SB site. I guess we are swapping with each other for Heather's Halloween swap? I'm easy to please. I like rusty, dark, spooky Halloween things but I also like blingy, sparkly, girly things too! How about you? You can write to me at juliejones629@yahoo.com Thanks, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathi, I will need your address to send you your Halloween box next weekend! Please write to me at juliejones629@yahoo.com, tell me about you and give me your address. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU are crazy...I would never get on that ride!! I would also have chosen the strawberries over the Jordan Almonds...no comparison! Glad you guys had a nice day!

    ReplyDelete