Thursday, July 9, 2009

It's Wrong To Be In Love With a Die Cutter.

D3503f45fb80c0ec0c8c2a2c87ddbb32 


Isn't it tho? I recently fell in love with this little lovely and how I did it was in a roundabout way. Two summers ago I started a neighborhood scrapbooking group. I had a huge tub of pictures of my kidlets and desperately needed to get them scrapped. We got quite a bit of work done that summer and enjoyed each other's company and a few too many cocktails(but that's a story for another post). We started up again this summer a few weeks ago and I found out that during the year one of the other scrappers had acquired the Cricut(I've had mine for about two years now). So she had all these cool cartridges we could share on scrap night. Since scrap night is always at a different house I offered to pack up the bug and bring it along to the next house. Dude that thing is heavy! We didn't even take it out that night. The scrapper with the cool cartridges didn't show up. I was less than thrilled with the bug. Frankly I've always been less than thrilled with the bug (don't tell). The cartridges are super expensive and they just don't move me. I was also kinda torqued when they came out with the new machine and mine was hofficially a dinosaur.


So when I happened across this little cutter I was apprehensive. I had seen a presentation before when it was brand, brand new. It was portable. It cut the same size as the cricut. It didn't have many cartridges out with it at the time. Meh. Ok it wasn't love at first sight. But then after the cricut debacle I happened across a sale. I saw some of the cartridges....Love, the fonts, the dies, hmmm. I bought the tag maker and these glitter rims thinking that I could cut the same size circles for the tags with my Cricut. Nope no go. I could blame it on the glitter since I've been a glitter w***e for years but lets be honest. The bug just isn't doin it for me anymore. I needed a little something  more portable. The cartridges are more affordable and most come with fonts. Hmmmm. Before I knew it I had purchased it. What's that sleeping pill that some people take and do that night shopping, Ambien? Ok we'll officially blame it on that. D'oh I just bid on two cartridges on e-bay. That's a lot of Ambien. Ok no more buying until the Slice gets here. True love. Now what to do with the Cricut?



No comments:

Post a Comment